Apr 5, 2012

Duck! Rabbit!

Last week I took the boys to the Coppell Library. I love their toddler story time. The lady does a great job of keeping the kids entertained, it is a small group of kiddos (not like other libraries where it is SUPER crowded!), and they always end with a craft that relates to theme that week. Love it!

So, last week's theme was ducks so it tied into the theme of spring. One of the books we read was Duck! Rabbit! by Rosenthal and Lichtenheld. It was a cute book of an argument whether an animal is a duck or rabbit.



The craft was to make our own duck/rabbit. Each kid got a cut out that we colored as a duck on one side and a rabbit on the other. Then we glue it to a popsicle stick so we could flip it back and forth. It would be so cute to use that as we read the book at home (if I had the book at home, that is!).

Here is the one I made with Matthew.





John's didn't quite look like a duck or rabbit, but at least he colored it!

They also had this hand out for us with several duck songs and books.



I love having something to take home with me to do with the boys. I would even be happy with handouts being online to save paper but I don't like when we go to libraries and I have nothing to take home with me. I can't remember all the things we do but the boys love it when we can do the songs and rhymes at home! Maybe I am being picky...

Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!

1 comment:

  1. I saw where you liked the I Spy Book. I also make I Spy Quilts and Bags. I just started a blog and would love for you to join me. I'm having a drawing tomorrow for a Tooth Fairy Pillow. Come on over at www.sewcratykathy.blogspot.com please invite your friends:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)