Jul 11, 2011

Pirate Party Bunting {tutorial!}

So, when your computer crashes, your posts still get posted even if they weren't done yet! :) You found out my secret- I write up several posts at once, schedule them, and then add in the pictures and links later. Well, that 'later' didn't come today since my computer is MIA. So....I will get this post up to lil Mop Top standards in no time (which won't be hard to do since I have low standards!)

Hope you don't think I put up a totally lame tutorials with no pictures!




I am throwing Matthew's pirate party at the end of the month. (Check out these posts on the invites and a pirate party shirt for John!) I made this fabric bunting to help bring color to the pavillion we will be in at the party.

This was a VERY easy project! I got a bunch of fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop because I won a gift card through KoJo Design. AWESOME!! I got the pom pom trim at JoAnn's. Don't forget your coupon!

I made a triangle template out of carboard. Using a pinking blade on my rotary cutter, I cut out lots of triangles from the different fabrics.

I pinned the triangles along the trim and then zipped them through the sewing machine.

And there you have it- the easiest tutorial ever!

I think it turned out so cute! I even made a smaller one with left over ribbon so I could hang it on the food table at the party. I am so excited to see how it all looks put together. Be sure to keep checking back to see what else I am making for the party. I have a couple more fun things to share!

I link up to these parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)